Friday, June 8, 2012

The Hunt




So Brandon and I have finally decided to begin the journey that every responsible adult has to one day.  It's a graduation of sorts.  We thought we were doing pretty good when we got married and then when we had Kayla.  

But this is a completely different ballgame.  With the score set back to zero, and the players are people we haven't even seen but we know are real competition.  We have a fantastic team that will help us as best they can, but the final decision will ultimately be ours.

It's the biggest thing that will tie us down in Utah.  It's definitely the biggest thing we'll have purchased.  The biggest responsibility we'll have and the biggest risk if we can't make it.  It will be our biggest adventure yet.

Yes, my friends, we have decided to buy a house.  

We went down this road a few years ago, but things fell through when I lost my job.  It's all for the better now.  I have a great job with awesome people.  Brandon's done with school and is working on building his filming reputation.  I believe he's in a good spot to do that here.  Kayla's the joy of our lives and we want to find a home that will be best for her grow up in (for a while anyway).  And the housing market is better now than it was.  It's a great time to find a good deal.


We still have the same realtor that we used before.  He's great, and we know he'll find something great for us preferably out of Provo.  I've lived in Provo for 8 years now, and I feel a move is a bit overdue. 

We'll find a home with a yard so I can finally get a puppy that I've always wanted:





 A cute sheltie puppy that will one day turn into:







For something that will keep us in Utah for the foreseeable future, I feel like we're finally moving forward.  I can't wait to get started.

And so The Hunt begins again...


Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Phil and Katherine may have some sage words of advice in the house hunt.

    ReplyDelete