Wednesday, December 18, 2013

November Travels

Looking back on November, we did A LOT of driving. That meant a lot of stuff was going on!

My nephew decided to be baptized, so we were able to attend that which was really special. 

Mom and Mike were still visiting and going between my house and Jessica's, so we tried to spend as much time with them as we could.


They had so much fun with this bundle of joy.





They were here on Veteran's Day, so we went to Olive Garden to celebrate.  This is what they ended up doing at the end of dinner.



So that's what you can do with a little piece of bread and a grandma to entertain a 2 year old.

That next weekend, my sister and I with our two kids (her youngest) went down to St. George for our Grandpa Ab's birthday party.  It was good to see all the family there.  A couple of my uncles surprised Grandpa by coming to the party.  It was also very interesting trying to get the two kids to bed in the hotel room.  Kayla wouldn't stop talking to her cousin even though it was way past both of their bed times.  Silly girl.  Jessica and I ended up playing games in the hallway outside our door, listening to them and waiting for them to fall asleep. Overall the trip was a lot of fun.








While I was down in St. George, Brandon was in Bakersfield, CA going to a film festival there.  His romantic comedy movie that he directed got in to that film festival and won an award! Yay! Hopefully this will mean we get more recognition and maybe even distribution!  




Then as November winds down, we're off to Colorado for Thanksgiving!  Brandon considered that vacation a success because he was able to spend an entire day in his pajamas.  So I guess I shouldn't wonder why Kayla likes to wear pajamas all day too... Anyway, we had yummy food and great company.  I'm so thankful for such a great and loving family for Kayla to grow up in.  Kayla had fun playing with her grandparents, and we had fun relaxing.  We didn't get to stay as long as we wanted (we kept trying to find excuses to stay), but it was a comfort to know we'd be there in three weeks.

I just want to list a few things I'm thankful for: 

  • my husband for being the most amazing spouse ever! 
  • Kayla for being the sweetest daughter, she just makes my heart melt
  • all my family and friends for being so loving and fun
  • my warm and comfy home
  • my testimony and the knowledge that I will see my Daddy again
  • my Savior for all He did and still continues to do for me
  • my Heavenly Father, who knows me and loves me despite that knowledge
Happy Thanksgiving.  It's good to remember what you're thankful for, especially during this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment